On Wednesday I received my recent glossybox for those of you that are unaware of what glossybox is it's a monthly subscription box full of beauty products delivered right to your very front door it's prefect for us make up lovers out there who have a love of beauty products that they've never tried before.
The theme of this month's glossybox was "Glossy Getaway's" all of this month's boxes are designed by OMY with all of our favourite city breaks in mind London,Paris, Berlin and New York. Also this month all glossybox subscribers have a chance to enter a competition for a luxury 2 night stay in Berlin. Here's a pic of what was inside
(1) First I'm going to talk about is the Crabtree & Evelyn hand therapy cream. The scent from this is just amazing you can pick up the smells of delicate florals. It's really light weight to apply I thought it would be a heavy based cream as some hand creams are but this isn't which is great another plus is that your hands don't feel greasy after you apply it. You just need to apply a small amount and pop it in your handbag and your good to go.
(2) Absolute New York Velvet lippy in the shade rumba it's a vibrant coral shade which is bang on trend for this summer. The matte cream formula means that the lip cream is long lasting The velvet lippy reminds me a lot of nyx matte lipcream and the packaging is very alike I would say this coral shade rumba is similar to nyx's shade Morocco.
(3) Lorceryl Nail Gel my nails are pretty damaged at this stage and when I seen this product I was delighted this gel improves the condition and discolouration of your nails. So I'll be 100% using this a good few times I'm trying to see if I can grow my nails longer so I'll see if this will help.
(4) Revlon volume & Magnified mascara this was another product that I was extremely excited to try out who doesn't love mascara. Everyone was given the option to pick which mascara they wanted. The mascara wand is prefect for application it doesn't go lumpy. The only think is I'm not too keen on the packaging I don't really know why to be exact.
(5) Last but not least the bee good youth enhancing plump & Firm moisturiser. This moisturiser plumps , softens and smoothes your skin leaving you with a nice dewy glow. I absolutely love the packaging it's so cute and it's definitely another item to pop in your handbag."
Overall I was really happy with this month's glossybox I loved all the products and the glossybox itself made it feel unique and personal. Oh and we also all revived a bag of popcorn by properpop corn but I kinda ate mine before I took any pictures. I hope you enjoyed this little review and if your a fellow beauty blogger I would love to feature you on my blog email email@example.com to be featured.
Until next time bee's,
Hey Bee's I'm back with another post sorry I haven't posted all week I've been super busy with work, hope you've all been well.
For today's post I'm doing something a little different I've decided to feature a fellow beauty blogger Ashley Lennon,Ashley has been blogging for over a year now and she has a keen interest in all things beauty, lifestyle and food. I've asked Ashley a few questions so let's jump into them.
What is your blog name?
My blog name is hiyaitsashley. It's been my online name on my social media platforms for years so I thought it would by cute to make it my blog name too.
What is your name?
My name is Ashley Lennon.
What is your Blog Url ?
(1) If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?
If I could describe myself in one word it would be goofy. I close to laugh and I'm a bit silly and, well goofy!
(2) How Long Have You been blogging and what encouraged you to blog?
I've been blogging since September 2014, so 1 year and 8 months this month! I started my blog on recommendation from my college lecturer, I want to work in the media and in PR and she said it would be a good way to get recognise on and credibility for university, and for jobs I applied for. Since then it's become my passion.
(3) Tell us a little bit about your blog?
My blog is like a baby to me, I love it so much. hiyaitsashley covers a huge range of topics so I don't really have one set niche, but I mostly love writing about beauty, lifestyle and food. I do cover other topics but these seem to be where I find most inspiration. I love writing so this is like a little selling stone for me to introduce me style to the world, and I hope to one day go into YouTube as well.
(4) If you had €1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?
100% make up, I am a massive make up junkie, and I'll always be buying new make up instead of clothes.
(5) What is your go to make up product?
My go to make up product is defiantly eye lien of lipstick, because I feel like you can look so put together with just a dash of colour or a swipe of liner. In terms of actual brand go to's, 100% Benefit's eyeliner and MAC for lipsticks!
6) Any Tips for bloggers that are just starting out?
Be yourself, and don't be afraid to be different. It's okay not to have the exact same type of layout on your blog as other people, or the same background for you pictures. I have posted a series of blog post full of tips for bloggers who are just starting out here's a link :
but if anyone is interested if you click on my blog then go to the category "Blogging" I have a tonne of posts on blogging tips and tricks for new bloggers.
(7) Would you rather give up your favourite lip colour or favourite eye product?
Oh my god, this question is so hard. I feel like my eyeliner and my lipsticks are like my defining make up features so this is so hard, I feel like my face is so naked without either of them! I would probably give up eye products just because I feel like my lips look really small and invisible workout product on them! Plus I have so many lip products that would be wasting so much money!
(8) How do you come up with new material for your blog ? as you know some of us struggle for time to time especially when we hit writers block.
Writer's block is something that I get quite often sometimes and the way I come up with new posts is by taking a couple of days break to get my head back into it, and then I look through my old posts, my favourite blogs, Pinterest and even just looking around my room and thinking "is there anything here I can get creative with". A good tip I use is maybe if you're having a bit of writers block, see if there are any really old posts on your blog from when you first started out that you can maybe redo now that you're more experienced, improve it and post it again!
(9) Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner, or eyeliner as lipstick?
Oooooh, I think I'd have go with lipstick as eyeliner because then I can have some funky coloured eyelooks that I could probably rock, instead of just black lips.
(10 When did you start wearing makeup? And Have You got any make up tips for anyone who is starting off using makeup?
I started off wearing make up in high school, but I only wore foundation and mascara to make myself look awake. I didn't prospect start wearing a full face of make up until I went to college about 3 years ago! I do actually, this post has all my essential beauty tips/hacks for newbies! http://www.hiyaitsashley.com/2015/08/beauty-tips-and-tricks.html?m=1
(11) Do you prefer to shop online or Instore? and if so where would you buy your make up products.
I deforest prefer to shop in store for make up, mainly because I like to see the colours in person because you never can get an exact colour match online. I usually go to drugs stores like Boots and Superdrug and then I get my high end items at Frasers or Debenhams. Recently thought I've been loving TK Maxx for beauty finds, the items are brand new and you get really good prices, and can sometimes get really high end brands like Nars for half price!
(12) Eyeliner in Pencil, Gel, or Liquid?
Gel gel gel, 100%! The only time I like liquid liner is in felt tip format! I am so envious of people who can use liquid liner but I just make too much mess on my face!
(13) What is your favourite drugstore products?
Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Rimmell Stay Matte powder, Maybelline Brow Satin, all of them are amazing quality for the prices you pay!
(14) what is your favourite foundation and What do you use to apply it?
My favourite foundation is a toss up between MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Benefit Big Easy. MAC and Benefit are my favourite foundations ever, I also have the MAC Studio Sculpt and Benefit Oxygen Wow and they're also amazing. Super good coverage, very light on the skin, a perfect colour match and a bottle last so so so long! I use my Real Technique's Miracle Compelctoon sponge to apply it, as it gives me a complete blended and flawless finish!
(15) what is your daily skin care routine?
I don't do my skin care routine every day because sometimes I like my skin to breathe, but when I do it, for my face I usually wash my face with water, then use my Clearasil spot wipes to really clean my face and target any hidden dirt or spots. Then I apply my Benefit Total Mouisture face cream all over my face and little on my neck, and the Benefit eye cream under my eyes. For my body, I use the Body Shop body sorbets on my legs, especially in this weather as is so light and smooth, and I either use that for my upper body too, unless I've been out in the sun then I use a Body Shop body butter because it's a little more heavy and good for if I've gotten a little sunburned, or my skin is just really dry because of the heat!
I hope you enjoyed this post, make sure to follow Ashley on her social medias:
Twitter - @hiyaitsashley
Instagram - @hiyaitsashley
If you would like to be featured on next weeks post please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and also make sure to follow my snapchat laurabyrneblog for tutorials.
Until next time bee's
Hey bee's today I thought I would do something different and add a little excitement to my blog my doing a would you rather it's another way for you guys to get to know me more and find out my beauty secrets,So let's jump into it.
1. Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, and lip glosses or lose all of your palettes and eye shadows?
Okay for This one in going to have to say lose all of my palettes and eye shadows just because I love mascara, lipsticks and glosses more I always have mascara and lipsticks with me where ever I go so I would be devastated if I lost them.
(2) Would you rather chop all of your hair off or never be able to cut it again?
Okay well I've had my hair really long it was down to my backside at one stage so I've been through the no cutting process and i don't think I could deal with that I again it's too much hassle. I did get my hair cut into a bob and I didn't really mind it so I'm going to say chop off all of my hair.
(3)Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?
Pink just adds a nice little glow to my pale Irish skin.
(4) If you had €1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?
Hello this is the beauty blogger tag hands down make up for sure !
(5)Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner, or eyeliner as lipstick?
Eyeliner as lipstick if it's safe then I'm okay with it I don't think I could handle lipstick all over my eyes it would feel uncomfortable.
(6)Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
In going to say mac because we don't have Sephora here in Ireland.
(7) Would you rather only use one eyeshadow colour or one lip colour for the rest of your life
One eyeshadow colour ?
One eyeshadow colour for sure ! Lipsticks always add a bit of an edge to a luck and you can play around with it.
(8) Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
In Ireland we don't really have much of a summer the weather always stays the same so I would say winter clothes.
(9) Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?
Bright nails at a bit of sparkle !
(10)Would you rather give up your favourite lip colour or favourite eye product?
I would give up my favourite eye colour for sure! Can't live with out lipstick mac or Gerrard cosmetics.
(11) Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or messy bun?
messy bun for sure ! It's quick and doesn't take all day to do and plus your hair is out of the way it's handy when your working.
(12) Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?
I would rather live with out nail polish for sure !! I love make up you can always change it up.
I hope you guys enjoyed this little post, comment down below with your favourite make up product.
Until next time bee's,
Email - email@example.com
Hey Bee's Im back ! I hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend. Today's post is all about concealing. If your unsure about how to conceal then don't fret I'm going to explain how to and why we do this.
What is concealer and why might you do this you ask, well concealer allows us to cover or hide any dark circles and small blemishes that are visible on the skin. It is similar to foundation but a lot thicker it's normally applied after you applied your foundation.
Concealer is available in a variety of shades ranging from light to dark. When picking concealer people tend to pick a shade that is one or two shades lighter than your skin tone which ables you to hide blemishes better. Some shades of concealer are intended to look like your natural skin colour where as others are used to contrast with particular blemishes.
What concealer do I use ?
Essence stay all day 16h long lasting concealer I love this concealer it has a wand which makes the application easy it's has a creamy and soft texture which makes it easier to blend. You will look radiant and refreshed after you apply it. This is my go to concealer and it's only
€3 Cara pharmacy which makes it a great budget concealer. It's available in two shades 10 Natural Beige and 20 soft beige.
I hope you found this blog post useful and if you have any questions don't be afraid to pop a comment down below. I might do a little demo on my snapchat ( laurabyrneblog )and Instagram ( queen_b_blog ) later on.
Until next time bee's,