A bit of sparkle - New Years make up look
Hey Bee's I hope you are all well I've been trying out some of inglots products that I recently purchased so I thought I would create a New Years make up look. For this look I used the following
Primer- Emite Make Up by artists for artists
diamond heart base primer
The pore fessional by benefit
Foundation-Benefit hello flawless oxygen wow
Shade I'm pure 4 sure
Concealer- inglot cream concealer shade 34
Bronzer- hoola bronzer by benefit
Highlighter-what's up by benefit
Eyes- eyeshadow keeper by inglot
Eyeshadow- 01 snowflake by essence
450 by inglot
51 by inglot
155 by inglot
Amc pure pigment eyeshadow in
In shade 81 by inglot.
Eyeliner - 17 glitter liner in gold and silver
MUA voluminous felt eyeliner
Mascara- Kiko Milano extra sculpt volume mascara
Eyebrows- benefit gimme brow medium/deep
Lipstick- Mac in the shade cyber
- Nyx soft matte lip cream Transylvania
Blusher- sleek make up blush by 3 sugar 364 I
used the shade Demerara
(1) I applied the primer Emite Make Up by artists for artists diamond heart base primer all over my face I only used a small amount I then took a little bit of the benefit pore fessional and applied it all over my face. This creates a smooth base for applying your foundation.
(2) Next I took my foundation brush and I applied my foundation benefits oxygen wow "I'm pure 4 sure"and applied it in downwards motions I then took my beauty blender and blended it all out I then took a large brush and buffed it into my skin.
(3)I applied my concealer 34 by inglot under my eyes in a triangle shape and covered up any redness and blended it out with my beauty blender.
(4) I then took my bronzer and applied it to my cheek bones, forehead and my jawline. To highlight I used benefits oh wow and applied that on forehead in a triangle shape and then down my nose, cuspids bow and on my chin and i once again took my beauty blender and blended it out.
(5)Next I moved onto my eyes I applied snowflake by essence all over my lid next I took 155 by inglot and applied it all over my lid next I took the 350 my inglot and put it in my crease I made sure to blend it out really well in windscreen wiper motions. I then took the Amc pure pigment eyeshadow In shade 81 by inglot and applied this to my outer Conner and really smoked it out I then took the shade 51 and applied this just beside my outer Conner in dabbing motions and I took my fluffy brush and blended it out.
(6) I took the glitter gel liners and applied them all over my eyelid just to add a bit of sparkle I then applied a think line of Black liner and created a little cat eye.
(7) I applied a little bit of mascara and I build it up by applying a few coats of the mascara. Then I applied benefit gimme brow just to give my brows a bit of definition.
(8) Then I applied lipstick and blusher to complete the look.
So there you have it my New Years make up look. If your interested in any of these products i will add in the links below to the websites. I would like to wish you all a happy new year and thank you for the support.
Until next time
Applying eyeshadow isn't as easy as we think when your starting out it can be challenging at times.A few of you have been asking me about applying eyeshadow so I thought I would do a blog post about it so today I'm taking you all to eyeshadow school.
(1) Know your eye shape this can help determine what shading techniques work best for you I've added a picture below with all of the different eyeshadow shapes.
(2) Learn the language yes there is a language for applying eye shadow the key words you need to know are crease,Brow bone, upper lash line, lower lash line,lid and outer v.
(3)Learn what all your brushes do this is one of the most important thing that you need to know.
(4)choose the eyeshadow formula that works best for what you want
Cream eyeshadows -work best as a base colour
Loose eyeshadows -are the most pigmented and are tricky to use.
Pressed shadows-most common type of shadow available and are extremely easy to blend.
(5) Prime priming is something that you don't want to skip it prevents your eyeshadow from creasing and keeps them in place all day. Here's some primers that I would recommend
- Inglot eye shadow keeper
- smashbox photo finish 24 hour eye primer
- Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion primer
(6)Figure out what shade from your palette goes where for example the lightest shade goes all over your lid and brow bone, darkest colour goes on your outer v. I've added a picture below so you know where to apply it.
For the application I'm going to use w7 in the buff eyeshadow palette as an example. Make sure you prime your eyelids first.
(1) select the lightest shade from the palette I have it labeled as 1 in the picture but the name of the shade is "buff" put it all over your eyelid in dabbing motions this makes the shadow more pigmented apply it to your brow bone too.
(2) practice your blending by taking the second shade labelled in the picture below and place this all over your lid.
(3) take the shade labeled 3 and apply it to your crease and blend it really out to remove any harsh lines.
(4) next take the darkest shade but if you want to create a defined shape I suggest that you use tape by place it at the corner of your eye then take the darkest shade and really blend it out and then remove the tape.
(5) apply eyeliner and mascara to complete the look you can add some shadow on your lower lash line just to smoke it out.
There you have it a natural smokey eye here's a little tip * if you make any mistakes remove it with concealer or coconut oil* it removes it straight away.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and if you guys have any more ideas don't be afraid to message message me. I hope this is useful to you guys.
Until next time bees,
The Beauty Blogger Tag
Hey Bees I thought it would be a great idea to take part in the beauty blogger tag as it allows you guys just to get to know me a little bit better so in going to get started.
(1) Is your hair naturally straight or curly ?
My hair is naturally curly not like crazy curly like some days it's wavy it just depends.
(2) What is your natural hair colour?
Oh well my natural hair colour is really dark brown almost black but I current have a semi permeant hair colour in its a slightly a black current colour but with a slight red tone to it.
(3) How long does it take you to put your make up on ?
It takes me about 10-15 minutes on a normal day but if I'm meeting friends or going away with my family for the day I would say about 30 to 45 minutes.
(4) what do you do first face or eyes ?
Okay I always start with my eyes I don't really know why I think it allows me to give a rough idea on how to tie in the rest of my make up to suit my eyes and plus it's easier to clean up any messes when you don't have foundation on.
(5) How often do you wear false lashes?
I've only wore false lashes once when i was messing around with my make up late one night I thought I would put them on too see what they are like and I really liked them but my lashes are super long anyways so I don't really need them but I would wear them again for sure and plus they really open up your eyes and make them appear bigger.
(6) Do you do a full face of make up everyday ?
The answer is a no,I don't really like to wear make up everyday even though I love it so much it like I love playing around with it and seeing what suits just Somedays I don't feel like applying a full face of make up.
(7) Do you leave the house with out make up on?
Yeah I would like I don't wear make up everyday most days I might just but mascara on just to make my eyes look more open and awake.
(8) How many high end Items do you own ?
well I have quite a lot of benefits products I just love the brand and there products the packaging. I have a few of Smashbox's products and mac I love mac lipsticks.
(9)How often do you change your Handbag?
I would say once every 2-3 weeks but it depends where I'm going or what I'm doing.
(10)What time do you get up at and go to bed ?
Weekdays I get up at 6.15 I start work at 7.00am I walk to work in the morning it's about 10-15 minutes from where I live. On the weekends I get up at 1 or 2 I like to lie in at the weekend ! During the week I go to bed at 9:30 or 10:00 pm at the weekends it really depends.
(11) left handed or right handed ?
(12)How Tall are you ?
I'm 5ft.8 I'm the shortest in my family like my sister is 5ft.9 and my mum and dad are around 5ft.11.
(13) Do you speak foreign language ?
In school i learned French but I wouldn't be comfortable to speak it but i would try.
(14) How many pets do you have ?
I have 2 boxer dogs rocky and missy and 2 cats Harry and tiger they belong to my sister and one of the dogs belongs to my mum and the other is mine. I'll add a picture of them in so you can see them.
(15) How often do you blog ?
2-3 times a week.
(16)How did you come up with your blog name?
My Twitter friends tend to call me a queen a lot that's kinda my nickname I really don't know why and the bee I added it in because my surname begins with a B so I combined the too. One day a little girl told me I looked like a queen and I just kinda got the idea from that.
(17) What kind of camera do you use ?
Majority of the time I would use the camera on my iPhone 6 but I recently got a new camera a Nikon coolpix 1840 it's red I fell in love with it as soon as I seen it it has wifi so I can connect it to my phone and send the pictures through the Nikon app.
(18) Favourite make up brand ?
Hands down benefit I've been obsessed with there products since I was really young and any time I'm in Dublin I would pop into the store the staff are so friendly and helpful they always give you little tips.
(19) why did you start blogging ?
I've always had such a keen interest in make up and I wouldn't have started up a blog with out the encouragement from my Twitter friends. I love trying out different products and playing around with make up and talking to people about it and showing my friends and giving them little tips. I just wanted to share my opinions and thoughts with you guys and build a friendship with you all and meet new people and blogging allows me to do this and express myself.
I hope you enjoyed this little blog post I thought it would be a great idea for you guys to get to know me better don't forget to enter my giveaway I'll add the link in I'll be announcing the winner very soon. I hope you all have a lovely Christmas. https://twitter.com/_l_a_u_r_a____/status/678251655033409537
Until next time bees,
- Queen Bee